Restless summer

So far, the summer has been very much all over the place, with a week here and half a week there. Sadly, the weather has not been up to par, and I must admit that I haven’t even taken a swim in the sea yet. Maybe, just maybe, the weather will improve in the coming weeks before (god help me) the autumn rain and storms, and eventually the Trondheim bloody freezing winter appears again in October. Although, this being an exceptionally shitty year weatherwise, I doubt it.

The summer startet in june, after my exams were over. I spent two weeks working and enjoying the brief, fresh air of freedom before I borrowed the books for next semester’s curriculum. It turned out to be a bit less work than I thought, so I could spend some days just reading, exploring Munkholmen, and finally, moving all my stuff from my old room to my new room before I took off to Bergen. June 20th was my niece’s baptism, and we all travelled to lovely Sunnhordaland to be there. That was some of the warmest, sunniest days so far, and the scenery in Hardanger is just spectacular. Here is me holding beautiful Alma! :)

After the baptism, I spent almost a week in Bergen with my parents, mostly being a bit worn-down with the flu. Then I went to Kristiansand, a city I’ve never been to before. Here I went to visit Kine Renate, and we spent a day at Hove to see a.o. Muse play live, which is always worth it. Here I got a miniscule tan after spending two days in the warm south-norwegian sun.
Then I said my farewell to Kine who’s travelling around the world starting this september, and went north to Nordfjord. The house was almost as I had left it in the Easter, but during the week I spent there, and hopefully the following couple of weeks this summer, it will see some major imrovements. The pipes and electricity is more or less complete now, so it’s soon just a matter of finishing the isolating and putting up some walls until we can begin to furniture it! I started painting the terrace fence, and it was fun to see how the colors looked like in real life. We’ll go for a light olive green on the house and a darker green on the corners and around the windows. I think it’ll look great.
After a week and a half I went back to Bergen, and I’ve been here for five days now, just hoping to see some of Cat and Is before I fly back to Trondheim on Monday. There I will work as much as I can before school starts in late August.

A big thing that happened personally, was that I dyed my hair from red to a sort of blackish, or at least a very dark brown color. I thought I was going to wait until next year, but I found out that I didn’t want to wait any longer. And so, after being a red head for a decade, I guess it’s safe to say it’s the end of an era. Other than that, nothing of much significance has happened, I think. But I must say it was quite dramatic on Wednsday, when we where playing volley on Cat’s family’s “vacation island”. My little finger got a smack, and was suddenly standing out almost horisantally from the second joint. Firstly, I panicked because of the sheer ugliness of the thing, but after a while, we all calmed down and got to the medic in the city. After a while of waiting, I got it bent back into place (which, by the way, was very painful!).

So everyone, be careful when playing sports! Dislocated fingers hurt!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s